It is nice to get fresh fish again that does not have whiskers.
Salmon Fettuccine in a Mushroom Tomato Sauce
- 1 lb salmon fillet skin on
- 1/2 lb shiitake mushrooms stems diced caps sliced thick
- 3 roma or other paste tomato cut into large chunks
- 3 green onions white diced fine green cut into thin rounds
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable stock
- 5-6 basil leaves sliced into slivers
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Season fish with salt and pepper. Heat butter and oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add fish and sear top, about 1 1/2 minutes. Remove fish to a plate carefully. Add white onion parts and mushroom stems to pan and saute over medium heat until they turn golden. Add tomato and saute until they become juicy. Meanwhile cook pasta in boiling salted water until al dente. Add mushroom caps, stock and basil to saute pan, turn heat to medium high and bring to a simmer. Reduce liquid by 1/3 turn heat to medium and add fish skin side down and green part of onion. Poach until done, about 4-5 minutes then remove from heat. Cut fillet into 4 pieces in pan. On a mound of pasta place each fillet piece covered in sauce.