This is a simple salsa that develops a more complex flavor with the grilling of the pineapple. Make sure to leave the rind on while grilling so the pineapple does not fall apart. A fresh jalapeno can be added if you really want it hot.
Grilled Pineapple Salsa
- 1 Pineapple
- 1 Mango skinned and diced small
- 2-3 peaches skinned and diced small
- 3-4 green onions diced fine
- 2 chipotle peppers
- 3 tbsp fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 fresh lime juiced
- 2 shots quality reposado tequila
Chop the top and bottom from pineapple. Cut the body into 1/2″ thick slices and cook over a grill until tender and slightly browned, about 3 minutes per side. Remove the rind and dice pineapple. Wash the adobo sauce from the chipotles and dice fine. Add everything to a bowl and mix well. Excellent with chicken and fish dishes.