A number of bloggers have bestowed awards on the Rufus site lately. Cecelia over at the kitchen garden (my God are all New Zealanders that side splittingly funny?) and Linda (I think she may be Greg’s long-lost cousin) over at Savoring Every Bite awarded us the Liebster Award. (More on that below.)
Tales of Ambrosia (fly me to Italy now) Rock Star Dad (love those tats), Photography of Nia (love those cats) and Sons of Thunder Patron (love that name!) all passed on the Versatile Blogger Award. Greg’s accepted this award in the past and is always humbled and thankful. He’s written his seven facts and picked his 15 blogs to pass it on to here. But a funny thing happened this time, My Little Corner of Rhode Island (even her compost pile is a garden) is calling me out. She gave the site the award with the caveat I name seven things about myself. I am going to stick to Greg’s original picks, because frankly we love far too many blogs to pick 15. We’d leave someone out.
But clearly we are two different people. I have better hair. Here are seven other things about me.
- I have five sisters and before you ask, I’m not Mormon or Catholic and my parents weren’t trying for a boy — after so many girls the last thing you’d want is for hand me downs to go to waste. (I’m No. 4 and there are no brothers.)
- I asked Greg out first, because he was never going to get around to it no matter how many times he stopped at the water fountain by my desk. (The trailer for the movie we saw on our first date is below.)
- I always find my Christmas presents early, which is a time-honored tradition passed down from my mother.
- I cheat at board games, which is also a time-honored tradition passed down from my mother.
- I am mediocre at math, but good with finances.
- My voice is so soft that a coworker once told me I could never sound authoritative. When I told Greg, he let out a long, low chuckle.
- I am a penny pincher, a neat freak, a wine snob, a dog lover, a wise ass, a skeptic, a stick-shift driver, a hell of a parallel parker, a terrible singer, a worse dancer, a fierce friend, a stubborn fool, a woman in love.
Back to the Liebster. The award is supposed to go to blogs with fewer than 200 subscribers. Here are our picks. We’re sure we overlooked someone!