Call me Mr. Versatile. OK, please don’t. But a fellow blogger, Genn over at Cadencies, recently bestowed me with my very own Versatile Blogger Award. Thanks, Genn, I have been telling my wife for years that I know everything, perhaps now she’ll listen. The catch… well I won’t be getting any champagne in the mail and I have to pick fellow bloggers to bestow the award on. That’s tough, especially the champagne part, and like an actress with a good divorce attorney I’m sure I’ll leave someone out of my acceptance speech. (See that example of versatility there? I can cook and tell a good joke.)
According to the rules, I’m supposed to also name seven random things about myself. I’ll do that first.
1) As a child, I was an Eagle Scout and made model airplanes. Seriously.
2) My two dogs are named for jazz greats.
3) Peter Sellers in Pink Panther always makes me laugh.
4) I never tire of Breyer’s mint chocolate chip ice cream.
5) I met my wife at a rodeo.
6) I made No. 5 up.
7) Hawaiian shirts do not go out of style, just look in my closet.
Enough about me. I’m partial to food blogs, so I mainly focused on ones that routinely make me drool. These aren’t in any order. I found a number through WordPress, so some you may be familiar with. Hopefully, you’ll see a few you haven’t. They’re supposed to do the same thing, we won’t hold it against them if they don’t, so check out their blogs in the coming days. I was supposed to choose 15, but you know how cooks are always futzing with recipes.
- Fati’s Recipes. She made a drumstick out of puff pastry. Enough said.
- Things We Make. Photos. Furniture. Food.
- Pure Complex. Arty, fun and cool. Did I mention great recipes too?
- 4 Little Fergusons. Midwest mother of four with a mean appetite.
- My Grandparent’s Kitchen. Saucy quotes and tempting recipes served daily.
- My World – of Food Adventures. Just check out Carolyn Chan’s categories, you’ll see.
- The Wondering Chef. On the menu recently… beetroot, Mars bars and apple risotto.
- Reflections of a Misfit. One day it’s birthday cakes another day it’s trailer trash.
- The Baker’s Laboratory. Wise beyond her years. Don’t let the occasional “fail” fool you.
- The Gourmet Wino. “Recipes, ramblings, and reviews…”
- Louisabellissima. She’s crafty. Very crafty.