We got a ton of cucumbers from the garden.
What to do, what to do.
Chilled Cucumber Soup
- 2 1/2 lbs cucumbers seeded and chopped roughly
- 1 1/2 cups non fat Greek Yogurt
- 1/3-1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh thyme
- small bunch fresh dill
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 salted anchovies rinsed and separated into fillets
- 1 cup red onion roughly chopped
- 1 jalapeno
- 2-4 cloves garlic
Place cucumber, jalapeno, garlic, onion, anchovy, fresh spices and oil in a blender and combine until smooth. Add yogurt, and 1/3 cup buttermilk and blend again until smooth. Season with salt and pepper and let stand in refrigerator for at least 6 hours but up to 24. Re-blend and add more buttermilk to reach desired consistency. Serve cold garnished with zucchini fritters, chopped tomatoes or what ever else may come to mind.