The secret to this Southern staple is a mix of different cheddar cheeses.
- 8 oz extra sharp orange cheddar shredded
- 8 oz mild English cheddar shredded
- 4 oz sharp Vermont white cheddar shredded
- 8 oz Neufchatel cream cheese room temperature
- 2-8 dashes Louisiana hot sauce (to taste)
- 2 tbsp minced pimiento peppers
- 1/2 cup olive oil based mayonnaise
In a stand blender beat cream cheese until whipped. Add everything else and beat until well combined. Season with salt and pepper and chill for two hours before serving.