This is a quick side dish that tastes great and uses up some of the copious amounts of mint and zucchini around the house.
Zucchini with Tomato Mint Sauce
- 1 large zucchini sliced in half and cut into 1/3″ wedges (about 3 cups)
- 1/2 onion cut in half and sliced paper thin
- 3 large cloves garlic sliced thin
- 2-3 tomatoes diced medium small
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 2 tbsp olive oil
In a large chefs’pan heat olive oil over medium heat. saute onion until golden then add garlic and cook until fragrant. Add tomatoes and cook until they release their liquid. Add mint and zucchini and cook until zucchini is crisp tender. Season with salt and pepper and serve.