These turkey burgers are a bit spicy, which pairs perfectly with the sweet creamy coleslaw.
Turkey Burgers and Creamy Coleslaw
- 1 lb 85% lean ground turkey
- 6-8 leaves basil diced fine
- 2 cayenne peppers minced
Mix everything together and form into three equal patties. Start grill and cook over direct heat until done.
- 1/4 large cabbage cored and outer leaves discarded and sliced paper thin
- 1 carrot shredded
- 1/4 small red onion sliced paper thin
- 1 tbsp mayo
- 1 tsp brown mustard
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp buttermilk
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
Mix cabbage and carrot together in a large bowl. Beat all other ingredients together until smooth adding more buttermilk if needed. Pour dressing over cabbage and let marinate for an hour in the refrigerator before serving.