We’ve wanted to jazz up our deviled eggs ever since Jed over at Sports Glutton posted a fantastic looking recipe for jalapeno deviled eggs with candied bacon way back in December. What can we say sometimes recipes stick in our craw or stay our pinterest boards for awhile. Thanks for the inspiration Jed.
Jalapeno Deviled eggs with Candied bacon
- A dozen hard-boiled eggs, cut lengthwise
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup mustard, we used a spicy yellow, but a grain or Dijon will do
- 1 tsp or more horseradish sauce
- 2 grilled jalapenos, diced (about four teaspoons total)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- 2 slices candied bacon, chopped
Mash the yolks, mayonnaise, mustard and horseradish until incorporated. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in peppers. Using a spoon or piping bag fill egg whites. Garnish with candied bacon. Refrigerate until ready to serve.