This is an easy sauce to make and goes great over all sorts of fish — especially leftover fried catfish — with fresh tomatoes and shredded lettuce on a whole-wheat hoagie roll. (We’re not posting the recipe for a Po’ Boy, since the catfish was takeout. If fried isn’t your speed perhaps a blackened shrimp sandwich would be up your alley.)
The recipe is my version of Emeril Lagasse‘s.
- 2 tbsp horseradish
- 3 tbsp whole grain spicy brown mustard
- 3 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp ketchup
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley coarsely chopped
- 2 cups roughly chopped green onion
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped celery
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 2 large cloves garlic roughly chopped
- 1-2 tbsp cayenne hot sauce
Blend everything together until smooth in a blender. Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately or refrigerate for up to a week.