This is one way to use up leftover grilled watermelon.
Wait, people grill watermelon?
Grilled Watermelon Salsa
- 2 cups grilled watermelon diced small
- 1 green bell pepper diced small
- 1 small red onion diced fine
- 1 large tomato diced small
- 2 jalapenos diced fine
- 2 tbsp basil cut into fine ribbons
- 2 tbsp olive oil
Mix everything together and season with salt and pepper. Let refrigerate for two hours before serving.
For those who are wondering here is how to grill watermelon: Slice melon into 1 1/2″ thick wedges. Discard rind. Rub sea salt into fruit and let stand over a rack in the sink for an hour. Rinse off fruit and pat dry. Drizzle with olive oil and grill over direct heat until slightly charred, about five minutes per side.