This recipe uses the fresh vegetables from an early spring garden. The farmers market is a good second stop. Slice everything fairly uniform and thin so they crisp up and don’t get soggy while roasting. Fusilli is the best shape for this but any pasta can be used.
Spring Pasta Primavera
- 1 lb fusilli
- 2-3 large carrots washed and sliced into thin strips
- 1 large zucchini sliced into thin strips
- 1 large yellow squash sliced into thin strips
- 1-2 portabellas sliced thin
- 3 cloves garlic cut into large chunks
- 1/8 lb prosciutto sliced into ribbons
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano diced fine
- Olive oil
Toss all vegetables and meat with oil and spread out on a baking sheet. Roast at 365 degrees until browned and slightly crispy, about 30 minutes stirring a few times. Cook pasta to al dente in boiling salted water. Drain saving 1/2 cup of pasta water. Toss with roast vegetables, olive oil and oregano. Season with salt and pepper and add water if too dry.