This is a simple recipe that is perfect as a side or light lunch. Canned tomatoes can be used if fresh are not available.
- 1 lb bow ties or other small shaped pasta
- 1/2 cup red onion diced fine
- 3 slices bacon diced into small bits
- 3 anchovies
- 1 tbsp salted capers
- 4 diced Roma tomatoes (or drained 15 ounce can)
- Olive oil
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
Fry bacon until fat is rendered. Add onion to pan and saute over medium heat until it begins to brown. Add anchovies and cook until dissolved. Add capers and tomatoes and cook until thick. Cook pasta to al dente in boiling salted water. Drain and toss with mixture in frying pan. Season with salt, pepper and parsley and drizzle with olive oil. Let salad chill for 1 hour in refrigerator before serving.