I have finally gotten all the damage and old stuff out. I wish the folks who built this house had not cut so many corners. I mean why couldn’t there be a coat of prime on the drywall even if it was covered by cabinets or an ugly formica backsplash. Then maybe it wouldn’t have had to be replaced when that stuff was removed. I guess I was lucky that they did not wallpaper like in the original bathrooms.
Anyway now that everything is destroyed it is time to build. We started with the plaster.
Just cut out some fresh drywall and screw it in place.
Slap on some adhesive drywall tape around all the edges that are cut. I also used the tape to patch a bunch of holes where the builders got lazy. No wonder ants were always getting in.
Then just apply many coats of joint compound over every bit of trouble. Sand it smooth and paint it. Next step: replacing the sliding glass door with a door that doesn’t really suck.