This filling was inspired by meat and potatoes. Take a bow.
Go here for the dough recipe.
Sausage Potato Calzone
- 2 Italian sausage sliced thin
- 1 lb red potatoes diced small
- 1 jalapeno minced
- 1 green bell pepper diced small
- 2 cloves garlic sliced thin
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Olive oil
- one recipe pizza dough
Steam potatoes until almost cooked through. In a large frying pan heat 1 tbsp olive oil and saute peppers and garlic until soft. Add sausage and brown. Add potatoes and fry until sausage is cooked through and potatoes are browned. Spoon filling into calzone dough. Add cheese and seal. Bake at 400 degrees until browned and done, about 20 minutes.