After harvesting the garden so it can be prepared for the fall planting I had a ton of green bell peppers and tomatoes. What to do?
This is a great side or main course.
Green Peppers Stuffed with Grape Tomatoes
- 4 medium green peppers split in half and deseeded, stem on
- 8 cloves garlic roughly chopped
- 2 jalapenos diced fine
- 2 green onions chopped fine
- 25-30 grape tomatoes sliced in half
- 8 leaves basil chopped coarsely
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 8 slices fresh mozzarella
Drizzle pepper halves with oil in a baking dish and arrange in one layer. Mix everything else except cheese in a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Spoon filling into peppers and bake at 365 degrees until tomatoes and peppers are browned, about 25 minutes. Top each pepper with a slice of cheese and bake until melted, about 10 minutes. Serve hot. These are also excellent for breakfast with a fried egg on top of the pepper.