This is a quick weekday meal that is not too spicy and easy to make. Of course plenty of spice can be added by increasing the amount of julienned jalapenos there are. Serve it with rice noodles or regular rice.
Beef and Green Bean Stir Fry
- 1 tbsp miso paste
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 3 garlic cloves chopped roughly
- 1 cup dried shitakes soaked in 2 cups boiling water
- 1 lb beef roast cut into bite sized cubes
- 1 green bell pepper chopped into small bites
- 2 cups green beans snapped into 2″ lengths
- 1 jalapeno julienned very thin
Squeeze liquid from mushrooms and dice mushrooms fine. Mix miso, garlic, 1/2 cup soaking liquid, soy and fish sauces and beef cubes together. Marinate meat for 1 hour stirring every once in a while. In a wok or chef’s pan heat 1 tbsp vegetable oil to high heat. Add diced mushrooms and stir fry until the begin to pop. Add jalapeno and cook until it begins to char almost. Add meat along with remaining marinade and cook over high heat. Add green bell pepper and cook until bright green then add green beans and cook until tender crisp. Add a little more soaking liquid if the pan gets to dry. Serve over rice or noodles with extra hot sauce and soy sauce.