This is an easy salad that can be made way ahead of time. It works well as a side for barbecue or fancier fare.
- 1 cup orzo
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups water
- 1 red bell pepper diced small
- 10-12 large green olives chopped roughly
- 12-16 garlic scapes chopped very fine
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 anchovy fillets minced to a paste
- 2 tbsp fresh oregano chopped fine
- Feta cheese
In a four-quart stock pot add rice, orzo, chicken stock, and water. Bring to a boil and then turn heat to very low, cover and cook until liquid is absorbed, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat and uncover. Place a towel over top, recover and let stand for 20 minutes. In a large bowl mix rice, bell pepper, olives and oregano. Season with salt and pepper. In a small bowl whisk the oil, lemon juice and anchovy paste until incorporated. Pour dressing over rice and mix well. Place in refrigerator and let chill completely. Remove and add scapes and however much feta you want. Stir well and chill until ready to serve.