How to take a simple one pan fry up and make it better: Start with red curry paste.
Pork and Potatoes in a Red Curry Sauce
- 1/2 lb pork cut into small strips
- 1 green bell pepper chopped into small bites
- 2 lbs potatoes skinned and cut into large bites
- 3 green onions green parts only finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp red curry paste
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
Steam potatoes until they are almost cooked through, about 10 minutes. Rinse in cold water to stop cooking. In a large frying pan heat sunflower oil. Fry curry paste until it begins to brown over medium high heat. Add pork and brown, mixing it with the paste. Add potatoes and green bell peppers. Mix well then add chicken stock. Bring to a boil then turn heat down to a simmer and mostly cover the pan. Simmer until potatoes are cooked through, about 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Remove top and reduce liquid by half over high heat. Add green onions and serve over brown rice.