This is a great use for some of that leftover Christmas turkey. It is also light and fairly healthy, which may be a nice break from all the heavy food available over the holidays.
This dish comes together quickly with the use of some premade items found at the deli counter. If there is no spinach pasta then use whole wheat.
- 1/2 cup artichoke hearts or artichoke quarters chopped roughly
- 5-7 marinated tomatoes diced roughly
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups white turkey diced fine
- 3 cloves garlic sliced thin
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme chopped fine
- 1 lb spinach pasta
Cook pasta to al dente in salted water. Drain, drizzle with olive oil and set aside. In a frying pan heat olive oil and saute garlic over medium heat until fragrant. Add artichoke hearts, tomatoes and thyme and cook until heated through. Add turkey and mix well, adding a little white wine if the mixture is too dry. Cook until hot and serve over pasta or mix with pasta. Top with grated Romano.