It’s sort of feeling like the week after Thanksgiving around here….
Smoked Turkey Tostadas
- 2 1/2 cups chopped smoked turkey or grilled chicken
- 1/2 an onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 14.5 ounce can of diced tomatoes
- 1 chipotle in adobo, rinsed and diced
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp hot sauce, such as Tapatio
- salt/pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- mild cheese of your choice, as much or as little as you want
- about four tostadas
- 1 cup cooked white or saffron rice
Heat olive oil in a skillet and saute onions and garlic until tender. Add turkey, chipotle and diced tomatoes. Cook until thick and water is evaporated, about 10-15 minutes. Season with paprika and hot sauce. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. Divide rice and poultry mix over the tostadas. Sprinkle with cilantro and cheese.
Note: The rice above is very special and you might not be able to replicate it at home. It’s cooked in vegetable broth, which had red cabbage as its main ingredient. The rice had a lovely purple tinge, but tasted just like any other white rice.