We love roasting asparagus, but try to come up with new ways to serve it. This was a side dish on a recent leftover night. Yes, we do have those.
Asparagus with Mint and Chili
- Large bunch of Asparagus (about a pound)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp mint, torn in large pieces
- 2 dried chili peppers or 1 tsp dried pepper flakes
- sea salt/black pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 375. Line asparagus in a single sheet on a nonstick pan or a cookie sheet lined with foil. Roast until asparagus is tender, about 10 minutes. Set aside. In a shallow frying pan, heat oil with mint and chili peppers. Bring to a low boil and let cook until mint wilts, about 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and toss mix with asparagus. Let set at room temperature for about an hour before serving to let flavors steep.