This was a recent Sunday dinner, or as the folks down here say supper.
Rack of lamb in anchovy butter
- 1 rack of lamb (eight ribs)
- 4 tbsp butter, at room temperature
- 2 tbsp parsley
- 4 anchovy fillets and about 1/4 tsp of their oil
- juice from a quarter of a lemon
- pepper and salt to taste, but be wary of adding too much salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
Mix all the ingredients for anchovy butter together until incorporated. Heat a skillet with about a tablespoon of olive oil and sear rack of lamb, fat side down first, on both sides, about four minutes per side. Remove from heat and place the meaty part up again. Spread butter over the meat, place in the oven and cook until the temperature reaches 150, about 20 minutes. The meat should still be at least pink inside. Let lamb rest 10 minutes before cutting into single chops.