We got these seeds for free awhile back and since falls are pretty mild down here when they finally start around Dec. 1, I thought I’d try my hand at autumn planting. Of course it is also almost time to plant the garlic. I am still trying to decide if I am going to try a new variety or replant the purple tips I had such a good harvest from this year. I have two more weeks to decide. Aside from that I am trying lettuce and carrots for a quick fall crop. A long growing season is one of the benefits of living in a region that has summer from April to October. I’ll keep you posted on how it turns out. The rest of the vegetable garden still has some life in it. Katherine snapped these pictures while I planted the lettuce and carrots. The hurricane season and the cold weather it’s bringing (70s are downright frigid for September here) may zap my plans to have some late chile peppers.
As you can see the okra is producing still and will probably continue until mid October.
On another note as many of you know we’ve been catching up from a recent vacation. While we were away, we got a few great shout outs from some of fellow bloggers. We wanted to say thanks. Pat over at Dancing in the Kitchen gave us the versatile blogger award; Just Ramblin gave us the Noteworthy Archive Blog Award and Pease Pudding gave us a best blog award. We recently delved into our archives, albeit for a different challenge, and have talked versatility here. But the best blog award came with these questions, so here goes:
- What’s your favorite color? I’m a guy.
- What’s your favorite song? Happy Birthday, but only when someone else sings it.
- What is your favorite dessert? Biscotti.
- What’s pissing you off? Nothing right now, but give it time.
- When you’re upset you… Run marathons or just curse.
- Black or white? I like shades of gray.
- Biggest fear? A zombie apocalypse followed closely by running out of Romano.
- Your best feature? Cup holders that come with leather seats.
- What is perfection? My wife.
- Guilty pleasure…Utz potato chips
Instead of passing it onto a specific blogger, we’d like to give it to the many bloggers we follow who do great work all the time. Yep, we’re taking a page out of your notebook Nancy.