A bit lighter and more summery than its ruby cousin, white sangria is easy to make and drink. Feel free to use whatever fruits you please. (If peaches were in season, we’d throw in some of those.) We like letting the hardier fruits soak in the wine and adding the softer ones just before serving.
- 1 bottle (750 ml) muscato or sweet riesling
- 1/2 cup bourbon or cognac
- 1/4 Cointreau or triple sec
- juice from one orange
- 12 ounces sparkling water
- 1 pear
- 1 orange
- 1 apple
- 1-2 kiwis
- half a mango or about 1/2 cup pineapple chunks
Chop apple and pear into bite-sized pieces. Slice orange. Place fruit in the bottom of a pitcher and pour in wine and liquor. Let chill overnight or at least eight hours. When ready to serve add juice and any softer fruit such as kiwi, mango or pineapple. Pour in sparkling water and serve.