This is a great weekday meal that takes advantage of any leftover raw squid from meals like this. Any assortment of mushrooms will work but fresh cremini are best.
Garlic Squid Stir Fry
- 1/2 lb squid cleaned and cut into thin strips
- 1 tbsp miso paste
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 lime
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp basil cut into thin ribbons
- 2 ribs celery chopped into small chunks
- 10-12 cremini mushrooms sliced thin
- 6-8 cloves garlic sliced thin
- 1 cayenne pepper julienned with seeds and ribs
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
In a large bowl zest and juice lime. Add miso, fish sauce, sugar, vinegar and one tablespoon basil. Mix well and then add squid. Stir well and let sit for 1 hour stirring every 15 minutes. In a large wok or saute pan heat vegetable oil over medium high heat. Add celery and mushrooms and fry for two minutes. Add garlic and hot pepper and fry one more minute. Add squid, sauce and remaining basil and bring to a boil. Cook until sauce reduces by half and squid turns white and curls, about five minutes. Serve over rice or rice noodles.